• Cooking for Adults teaches low-income adults (primarily adults with children) how to prepare and shop sensibly for healthy meals on a limited budget. The program is often paired with Cooking Matters EXTRA for Parents of Preschoolers, an addendum focused specifically on adults with preschool-age children. Cooking Matters for Adults and Cooking Matters EXTRA for Parents of Preschoolers are available in both English and Spanish.
• Cooking for Families teaches school-age children (ages 6 to 12) and their parents about healthy eating as a family and the importance of working together to plan and prepare healthy meals on a budget.
• Cooking for Kids engages kids ages 8 to 12 in learning about healthy eating and provides simple nutritious recipes that children can prepare themselves.
• Cooking for Teens teaches teens how to make healthy food choices, meals and snacks for themselves, their families and friends.
• Cooking for Child Care Professionals teaches child care professionals about healthy meal preparation and creating a healthy food environment for the kids in their care.
Fees: Due to the nature of the classes and our core values pertaining to health, our fees for Culinary Nutrition Classes for at-risk groups are substantially reduced. We only charge $350 per day.
Non-Profits & Trade Organizations:
On occasion, Damon Sheppard does provide his Culinary Nutrition Classes pro-bono to select non-profit, trade and charitable organizations. If you believe your event warrants pro-bono services because of its unique mission to improve a disadvantaged group of individuals, please contact us with more details so that we may consider your request.